INF1505 Chapter 13: Intelligent Information Systems
Forhåndsvisning | 3 ude af 49 Flashcards
An expert system should be used if some conditions exists, name them.
An expert system should be used if some conditions exists, n...
An expert system should be used if one or more of the following conditions exists:
• A lot of human expertise is needed but a single expert cannot tackle the problem on his or her own. (An expert system can integrate the experience and knowledge of several experts more easily.)
• The knowledge that is needed can be represented as rules or heuristics; a well-defined algorithm is not available.
• The decision or task has already been handled successfully by human experts, allowing the expert system to mimic human expertise.
• The decision or task requires consistency and standardization. (Because computers are more accurate at following standard procedures, an expert system can be preferable to humans in this situation.)
• The subject domain is limited. (Expert systems work better if the problem under investigation is narrow.)
• The decision or task involves many rules (typically between 100 and 10,000) and complex logic.
• There is a scarcity of experts in the organization, or key experts are retiring. (An expert system can be used to capture the knowledge and expertise of a long-time employee who is retiring.)